Finally!! My mood board for Joyce Young off the peg collection-Casual Refinement, fun and eco is ready to be sent out to everybody! So excited and looking forward to the shoot day on Sunday 20th May. I have a great crew lined up, hair and makeup artists, photographer, cameraman, 2 assistants, 4 models, tones of clothes, but the list is a secret at the moment. Hope everything go really well. fingers crossed. Checked the weather for sunday and it should be a sunny day, Please please don’t rain….
Bear with me since I will keep you up to date with how I get on with the photoshoot.
Here is my Mood board:
Wee notes about the styling:
- Maxi and midi skirt are sexier than mini, showing off the figure in a comfortable body hugging maxi and define the waist with a belt.
- A petti coat underskirt looks great with a simple t-shirt, finish up with a statement heel or boots.
- a sharp tailored piece such as a blazer or trench to toughen up delicate lace and chiffon, white on white look at Jil Sander looks great for coming summer. just throw on your fav jumper to add a laid back feel.
- fun and interesting head band or head pieces give personality to the look, Girly, quirky, humorous, proud. Bonny Bling knuckle dusters
- Any shades of whites are hot in summer, mix with black to rock the classic black and white trend.
- Bonnie Bling: Pair elegant Joyce Young dresses with Knuckle dusters, neon perspex crown, humorous midges T, hoodies, lace-up shoes, Bonnie even has a bridal Bling line:
- If you have a sexy statement to make, American apparel body suit mixed with Joyce Young sheer lace or crochet maxis.
- A long line coat to create the leanest silhouette and the trick is this coat needs to be chosen carefully. Best the ones with great textile details such as embroidery or print.
- Accessories emphasis the wearers personality, Bonnie Bling’s perspex jewelry line which is fun, ironic and has urban elements.
And about the hair and makeup:
Makeup and Hair: My Little Pony inspired pastel dip dye loose wavy hair or a sleak updo. The keywords would be laidback, fun, attitude and mature. Nuetral, fresh face with focus on eyes: soft blush, gold, pink, metalic eye shadow to complement the eyecolour+ sharp black or teal liquid eyeliner+silver inner corner, just like my little pony would wear, Maybe finish up with cut in half sequin or pearls natural lips.
My Little Pony inspired hair and makeup mood board:
Chanel look. love the pearl details.